Ministère is responsible for supervising the disposal of industrial wastewater into the environment to ensure respect for aquatic ecosystem carrying capacity and to protect the various water uses (drinking water intake, fishing, swimming, etc.). A legal framework for environmental authorization regulates all new industrial projects and any modification to existing projects.
Ministère has developed regulations, guidelines, and other documents related to various industrial sectors in order to assess projects’ environmental acceptability transparently and consistently. Reports have also been drafted regarding industrial impacts on aquatic environments.
- Directive 019 for the mining industry
- Guidelines for applying environmental disposal objectives to industrial waste in an aquatic environment (French, PDF, 568
- Comparison between measured effluent concentrations and Effluent Discharge Objectives (EDOs) for existing companies
(Addendum to Guidelines, French,
- Comparative spreadsheet of environmental effluent discharge monitoring results
- Guidelines applicable to the off-network agrifood industry
- Guidelines for non-regulated industry self-monitoring effluent programs (French, PDF, 1,4 MB)
- Guidelines for marine products processing plants (French, PDF, 272
Reports and other documents of interest